Prep Time: 5 mins
Fridge Time: 30 mins
- 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsps. hemp hearts OR ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp. dried coconut
- ½ cup natural peanut butter or any nut butter you like
- ¼ to ½ cup molasses OR ¼ cup maple syrup for lighter flavour
- pinch of sea salt OR tiny pinch of iodized table salt
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- (optional) a few raisins of finely chopped apricots
- (optional) dried coconut flakes to decorate
- Mix ingredients in a large bowl with a rubber spatula
- Cover and put in fridge for 30 mins
- Take out and use your hands (or even better, little hands!) to compress and roll into loonie-sized balls.
- (optional) Roll the power balls through some dried coconut flakes to give them a fancy finish.
Nutrition Notes: Iron-rich, great for healthy fats and energy. Molasses adds an iron-rich kick compared to maple syrup.
Approximate Nutrition (per ball, if recipe makes 24):
- Calories: 52.7
- Fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 4.3g
- Iron: 1.6 mg
Date: March 15, 2017