This recipe is an easy summer favorite and can be made with as much or as little prep time as you have! Check out our 3 marinade options depending on your time frame, and get the kids in the kitchen to help put the kebabs together. No matter which options you choose, this recipe is full of protein, vitamins, and fiber and is delicious too! Happy grilling!
- Choose Your Protein:
- Cubed chicken breast
- Peeled and deveined shrimp
- Cubed tofu
- Grape tomatoes
- Vidalia onion
- Cremini mushrooms
- Orange or yellow bell peppers
- Whatever veggies (or fruit- pineapples and peaches are excellent grilled) you have and love!
Choose your sauce level:
Simple: Sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill! Feel free to season with lemon or pesto after grilling
Medium: Make a quick Indian-style sauce- mix plain yogurt, garlic, black pepper, turmeric, and dried coriander, and slather onto skewers before cooking.
Fancy: If you have planned ahead, marinate your protein with citrus, honey, garlic, ginger and a little bit of soy sauce up to 24 hours before. This is particularly good if you’re using tofu.
- Dice up protein and veggies and marinate if desired. If grilling, pre-soak skewers in water. Add meat and veggies to skewers (great spot for the kids to get involved and creative!)
- Heat up grill and place skewers on BBQ. For shrimp cook 3-5 minutes per side, for tofu cook 5-7 minutes per side, and for chicken cook 7-10 minutes per side and check internal temperature with a meat thermometer.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!