This delicious treat uses buckwheat flour which is high in protein, satisfying your sweets cravings and keeping your fuller longer!
3/4 cup buckwheat flour
2/3 cup dark cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup coconut sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1.5 cups chopped 70% dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 350° and line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment.
2. Sift buckwheat flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt into a medium sized bowl and set aside.
3. In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine butter and sugar. Mix on medium speed until well combined. Lower the speed and add one egg at a time, and then add the vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet.
4. Fold in 1 cup of the chopped chocolate. Transfer batter to prepared pan, and sprinkle the top with remaining chopped chocolate.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool brownies completely in pan on a rack. Enjoy!