Looking for the perfect easy-to-make and pretty enough to bring to events as a holiday treat? This recipe is no bake, kid friendly, and only 5 ingredients! It also doesn’t contain any major allergens so it’s perfect for schools. Get the kids to help roll the little balls and sprinkle on the toppings!
2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut + about 1/4 cup extra for topping
4 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons coconut oil (you can soften it a bit but don’t melt- makes it harder to roll the balls)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
~1/2 cup dark melting chocolate
1. Throw the coconut in the food processor or blend it to make it as small and flour-like as possible.
2. Transfer to a bowl and add honey, coconut oil and vanilla and mix together.
3. Use your hands to make 12-18 small balls (depends on the size you’re going for) and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Melt chocolate using a double boiler. Take the snowballs out of the fridge (should be fairly hard) and use a spoon and fork to roll each around in the chocolate and let drip before placing on a baking sheet covered in wax paper.
5. Sprinkle with coconut and put back in the fridge until chocolate has hardened. Store in the fridge until serving and enjoy!
Date: March 2, 2018