Adding roasted squash to your salad makes for a savoury and filling dish! With all the colours and varieties of squash available at your local farmers’ market, this dish is perfect for fall!
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinagrette
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Toss squash cubes in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes until tender.
3. Wash spinach and put into bowl with roasted squash, cranberries, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and goat cheese if desired.
4. Serve with balsamic vinaigrette (3:1 olive oil to balsamic vinegar ratio) and enjoy!
Date: March 2, 2018